[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 01:51:19 CDT 2008

On 10/18/08 05:28, Grey Man wrote:
>As far as I'm aware SER (and it's derivatives) cannot initiate
>outbound registraitions. They can do the opposite and act as a SIP
>Registrar. For outbound registrations you should be able to use
>Asterisk.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greyman.

Yes, I use Asterisk for iax outside registration but not for sip from Asterisk; I don't want to make a "swizz cheese" (open so many ports) out of my firewall.
I can not use "stun" with Asterisk.
I have my stand alone sip phone registered with the provider but I can only register it with one provider so no Asterisk access.

What are my best options?
I was thinking that something like "nathelper" with SER would be of any use to me but I see it might not be the case, it is only for helping to register clients
IN not OUT.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7