[asterisk-users] Transfering Calls back on the same PRI

Ron Joffe ron.joffe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:28:28 CDT 2008

Here is my hardware configuration

TELCO --- PRI1 --- PBX --- PRI2 --- Asterisk

The PBX is a Siemens Hicom 200 EX (Model 80)

We are connecting between the PBX and Asterisk using QSIG switch type.

What I want to do is the following:

1. Call comes from TELCO via PRI1 and enters PBX
2. PBX Routes call to Asterisk via PRI2
3. Asterisk does some call handling (IVR)
4. Call needs to be transfered to an extension on the PBX.

I can easily set up a dial command to pass the call back to the PBX from
Asterisk along PRI2 but this uses 2 B Channels.

How do I tell asterisk to send a transfer request to the PBX so Asterisk is
out of the loop?

Thanks,

Ron