[asterisk-users] srv records not being honoured properly

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Oct 17 11:35:26 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 11:18 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>> It should be fairly easy to write an AGI script that does the SRV query,
>>   do whatever you want with the response, set a channel variable with
>> the results and use that in your dialplan.
>
> Maybe.  If I were an AGI hacker.  But really, should I (and every other
> Asterisk user) have to?

If you fight Asterisk's oddities then you will have a depressing and
miserable life.  If you embrace Asterisk's oddities then you will have a
joyous and enlightened life. 8-)

I agree that if Asterisk has SRV support it should work in the way
expected.  The reason Asterisk's SRV support has not been fixed is
because nobody with the skills has thought the issue was important
enough to fix.

Do you know any programming languages?

--
Consulting and design services for LAN, WAN, voice and data.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide. Contact me for Tellabs