[asterisk-users] on livemsn to cindy

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Oct 17 07:27:31 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 17.10.2008, 13:22 +0800 schrieb Cindy Tan:
> HI.... this is cindy... i am still a student... i want to learn more
> things about asterisk from you. can i ask you something?

Yes. CC to the list, expecting qualified answers :)

> actually, i am thinking how live messager can works on asterisk.

As I said, I'm also an asterisk newbie, but still can help. What you
should check is if livemsn supports some standard protocol, as jabber,
sip, h323 (I don't use windows, don't know what liveMSN can do). Or if
both have some protocol in common. Then, configure accounts on asterisk,
and connect liveMSNs to asterisk. I don't believe liveMSN is that open.
Skype is releasing a module for asterisk. Maybe MS will follow.

> I want things to works on calling to and from messager and soft
> phone.

"Asterisk can bridge and translate different types of VoIP protocols
like SIP, MGCP, and H.323", says some review. Well, you must just try to
connect MSN with asterisk. Probably asterisk handles communication
between devices transparently.

Tell us if you make it. Good luck.
--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestión Pública Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Sánchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Tel: +591 22417628 (121)