[asterisk-users] Triggering a call from bash

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Thu Oct 16 11:54:32 CDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 16.10.2008, 11:54 -0400 schrieb Barry L. Kline:
> Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> > Does anyone knows how to trigger a phone call from a bash command?
> Yes.
> Do you mean that you need something more than:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Yes, thanks. I made it. My own extension is 101, voicemail is 500, my
preferred context is "padep". Then I can trigger a call which connects
voicemail with me from the linux console:

# asterisk -rx 'originate SIP/101 extension 500 at padep'

Damn good!
--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestión Pública Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Sánchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Tel: +591 22417628 (121)