[asterisk-users] DTMF issue

John Meksavan jmeksavan at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:35:15 CDT 2008

In my setup, I am using TDM Wildcards analog connections and the Asterisk PBX box does the converting to my SIP Phones.  I had similar problem, when Asterisk could not recognize my DTMF tones, so I had to tune the FXO modules.  Here is the link to the page:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+fxotune

If you are you using pure SIP Protocal, you may want to ask your SIP provider for the suggested dtmfmode, even though RFC2833 is recommended by most.  I did have the same problems with this in the past, when I was testing with SIP providers and I never solved it.  Therefore, I went with the TDM Wildcard route with analog lines.  Good luck!!!!