[asterisk-users] Cli with COLORS

Mr Shunz mrshunz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:08:05 CDT 2008

Hi

> Hi Everybody, I'm having a little problem with asterisk CLI, after the
> version 1.4.19 I'm not been able to see the CLI with colors anymore. I
> have a ubuntu box with asterisk 1.4.21 installed and I don't know how to
> enable the colors again. Of course I have the variable $TERM set to
> xterm-color. I would appreciate any help.

on asterisk 1.4.21.2 and 1.4.22 colors are there ...
don't have older version to check but i remember that
starting with init scripts (those installed by make config)
colors wouldn't came up, while starting with "safe_asterisk"
colors were back...

safe_asterisk calls with: /usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c

(at least on 1.4.22) so i *think* that -f (re)enables colors...

cheers