[asterisk-users] Panasonic x Asterisk ... NO PROBLEM!

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Thu Oct 16 06:25:34 CDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 15.10.2008, 20:51 -0400 schrieb C F:
> Being a Panasonic dealer and having more than 50 Asterisk system in
> production, I can tell you that if this is your first Asterisk
> project, then go with Panasonic, you'll safe yourself lots of
> aggravation and have a happier customer.

You are completely wrong!

Last 4 years, I installed/programmed 6 Panasonic (KXTD1232, 3x TA308,
TDA100, TEM824) in our offices. Until now, I don't completely understand
them. Their GUI software is really bad. The functions are awfully
limited. Manuals are poor. Mailing lists with helpful people there is
not.

Less than a week ago (friday), bought 3FXS, 1FXO with SIP
(sipura/linksys), and KNOW NOTHING ABOUT asterisk. Today, I emulated
almost all features we use (account codes, DISA, own dial plans), and I
can really say: ASTERISK WORKS INCREDIBLE!

I even programmed an AGI script, which injects a variable to
extensions.conf; on the other hand, that means I can reboot a server
from my cellphone, isn't that incredible?
now, I dont' know how, but 99% I'm sure I can trigger a phonecall when
one server is offline. Only with asterisk. I'm almost sure a Panasonic
can't emulate this features. Maybe with some expensive software.

Then, I'm going to suggest 30 Voip phones, 2 8xFXO digium. I made an
informal presentation yesterday, the people were amused. Thanks the
people (thanks, peru guys) which guided me. Good luck everybody, I'll
keep asking on this list, sorry.

No more panasonic for me :)

Newbies, ask how to start.
--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestión Pública Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Sánchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Tel: +591 22417628 (121)