[asterisk-users] Budge Tones pick up wrong calls

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Oct 14 00:37:02 CDT 2008

Paul Douglas Franklin wrote:
> When calling out to another phone, they always identify themselves
> correctly.  But sometimes they will respond to the wrong incoming
> calls.  (By respond, I mean that the phone rings and if someone picks up
> the receiver, the call then goes thru.)  For example, 2501 might respond
> to the calls for 2518.  After a reboot, it might decide to respond to
> 2501 as it should.  Or it might respond to 2536.  The phone it responds
> for will not respond.

I have seen this with Polycom phones. In my case the problem turned out
to be because there were several phones behind NAT and the NAT router
got a little confused. The only solution I could find was to have the
phones use different ports - ie. 5060, 5061, 5062. When they all shared
5060 the NAT router was unable to keep track of where an incoming call
should be routed to.

Hope this helps,
Trevor