[asterisk-users] ISDN

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Oct 13 18:52:09 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 04:55:01PM -0500, Michael Graves wrote:
> I had converations with both Pika and Xorcom wherein the thought that
> it should be possible using their interface hardware. There might be
> some software changes to be made in their drivers, but BRI should be
> usable in the US.

Or actually: I suppose that now that Asterisk finally knows that spans
can be of size 2B+1D (as of 1.4.22), chan_dahdi will support US BRI will
with any BRI device that has a Zaptel/DAHDI driver. That should be
either ours (Xorcom) BRI module of the Astribank, Junghanns
quad/octo/duo BRI cards and compatible, or the simple HFC-S -based
single port PCI cards. Sangoma A500 cards should have Zaptel drivers as
well.

However this is based on quite a few cases and mostly remains to be
tested.

(The relevant patch to Asterisk is trivial to apply to earlier versions
of 1.4 / 1.2)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com