[asterisk-users] 1 second delay when connecting calls

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 05:14:53 CDT 2008

--- On Sat, 10/11/08, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> Try setting canreinvite=no in each of the device sections on
> a couple of
> phones, reload chan_sip.so and see if that fixes things.
> It has fixed
> the issue when I've tried it.
>
> nrbwpi at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using asterisk 1.6, sangoma pri card, and Cisco
> 7960 phones.  When we
> > make or receive calls there is a delay before voice is
> heard.  Anyone have
> > any ideas on where to start to debug or has anyone
> seen this before.  We
> > have played with settings on pri, asterisk, and phones
> with no change.

I'm having the same problem but with ATA-connected analog phones. The ATAs are Grandstream GXW4008 with firmware v. 1.0.1.15. The "canreinvite" option in sip.conf doesn't change anything for me. Downgrading the GXW4008 solves this issue so this is obviously a firmware bug in my case. I had a vague report once of a user in another installation having this 1-second delay on call connection. That user had a Cisco phone but I don't remember which one. I suggest you check this with Cisco Support if you can.

Vieri