[asterisk-users] cli commands missing

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 02:05:37 CDT 2008

I've seen something like that (in your next post you show 20-some
modules, a stock install will be > 100 modules) when using the
openSUSE distribution Asterisk package along with asterisk-addons
package. What happens is it gets stuck on some module that is not
configured.... I think one of the ones relating to database or CDR.

You will notice if you do an asterisk -vvvvvc that you did not get
"Asterisk is ready" at the point where your modules are missing. I
think after a few minutes everything loads (module times out starting
with its default config)

If this is the case you should just disable any modules you don't use
from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules or /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules.... you
can move them out of there at first and eventually add them as noload
to modules.conf (so when you upgrade to a newer version you don't run
into the same issue).