[asterisk-users] Be aware of callcheap.com and Mike Low - It is scam

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Oct 10 16:55:54 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also thought about it. Maybe I should not have posted it here. But I know
> he is actively searching for another company. Just don't want any other
> provider to suffer.
>
> Zeeshan

Again, your motives are admirable in my opinion, execution was flawed.

If I were you though, I would post from a hushmail.com with no specific
details that could tie the posting to you directly, just enough to put out
the "Heads Up"

I personally would also CC the person in question so they are aware of the
posting and can reply.  Maybe even incriminate themselves if you are lucky.

The key is to keep your identity secret while bringing attention to the
matter, if you feel you must, and give them a chance to defend themselves
(or incriminate).

The other thing is that your post really belongs on the -biz list and would
probably have a better chance of alerting someone who may fall victim to a
scammer.  There is so much competition, that I assume it is quite easy to
fall for a deal from someone that sounds sincere, to make a few dollars.

I cannot really see setting up accounts with live trunks that are not on a
prepaid system unless you have been dealing with the person/organization for
quite some time, or you pull their business credit report and hold them
personally responsible as well as their corporation through a legally
binding contract.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro