[asterisk-users] Caller ID service and the ethernet stucking

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 16:49:43 CDT 2008

Hi All;

We added the callerid service on our telephone line, once that done, now when we call to the Asterisk PBX or we need to place outside call via the digium (zaptel channel), the PBX got a problem in the network, and we become not able to reach it, this stay for a while of time (about 5 min) and then it come back reachable.

I did not do any thing when the callerid service added by the telecom service provider, and I am surprised why this callerid service effect on the ethernet port?

Did any one face this problem?
My asterisk version: 1.4.19.2
My zaptel version:
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: 1.4.10.1
Zaptel Echo Canceller: MG2
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with sync_tick() from ZAPTEL

In the /var/log/asterisk/messages, I did not find any message that help (warning or error).

Any advise? Did any one face such problem?
The PBX located in KSA.

Regards
Bilal