[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 sccp, Skinny and 1.4

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Oct 10 13:03:56 CDT 2008

On 08:26, Fri 10 Oct 08, David Gibbons wrote:
> You need to check out the chan_sccp-b mainling lists on sourceforge. There is active development in SVN but not in tarball releases.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=chan-sccp-b-discussion
>
> It is very stable.

Or, if you dont want to use outside modules use Asterisk 1.6 (which has
been released as well) with the chan_skinny driver.
A lot of development went into it and it's much more useable then the
1.2 version.
Myself uses chan_skinny in production without too much trouble.
Specially when you use the 7960 phones it's a nice setup.

> Dave

What driver are you referring to ?
It must be something outside of the core asterisk, because a lot of
commits went into chan_skinny the last year or so.

> Simple question, has 1.4 got better native support for sccp now without
> having to add in anything extra to make everything work ok?, if not, is
> there a version that someone may have carried forward of the skinny
> driver that will work with 1.4?

Yes, chan_skinny in 1.4 is better then the 1.2 version, but the real
stuff happened in the 1.6 version.

1.6.0 is released, so why not use that one instead of 1.4?

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"