[asterisk-users] Compile logger-mysql.c with UNDEFINED REF to `mysql_error'

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Fri Oct 10 02:50:30 CDT 2008

Sorry to post a C compile error on this mailing list but this is
Asterisk related.

Basically, I was following
http://www.plack.net/index.php/2007/01/07/asterisk_modification_for_queu
e_logging

to patch logger.c and Makefile in Asterisk 1.4.* in order to write
queue_log to mySQL database.

When I ran make, it complained:
In function `write_mysql_logger':
[...]
/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.21.2/main/logger-mysql.c:98: undefined reference
to `mysql_error'
[...]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [asterisk] Error 1
make: *** [main] Error 2

In my modified Makefile, I already had the line:
ASTCFLAGS+=-I/usr/include/mysql
and I found that mysql.h is already in /usr/include/mysql.

I also already had mysql-client installed.

In logger-mysql.c, there is already a line at the front of the program:
#include <mysql.h>

Any thoughts?