[asterisk-users] Polycom 330 not dialing 4 digit extensions beginning with 11xx

hin lee hin87 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 21:06:40 CDT 2008

Ed,

Sounds like the digitmap on the Polycom phones is the issue.  You can read more about the digitmap from:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+Phones

Digitmap reference
Example: [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[1-8]xx

It means the following:

    * [2-9]11: 911 rule: x11 are dialled immediately (111 is covered below by [1-8]xx
    * 0T: Local operator rule: After dialing "0" the phone waits T seconds and then completes the call automatically
    * 011xxx.T: International rule without prefix
    * 91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx: LD rule with prefix
    * 9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx: LD rule with prefix, gives second dialtone after dialing 9
    * [1-8]xx: A regular 3 digit extension is dialed immediately ("9" excluded as a prefix)