[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 sccp, Skinny and 1.4

Wayne Wayne at planetWayne.com
Thu Oct 9 17:00:06 CDT 2008

Hi All,
I'm thinking of creating a new asterisk server using the latest 1.4
stable release to replace my ageing Asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r7231 (its
been a while!).

My only concern - my phones are Cisco 7960's (with sccp firmware 7.2
loaded) and to support them better, I remember compiling in a skinny(?)
driver to replace the (from what I could tell) basic in built sccp
support. After digging around a little it would appear that the original
creator of the skinny driver has not done any development for ages.

Simple question, has 1.4 got better native support for sccp now without
having to add in anything extra to make everything work ok?, if not, is
there a version that someone may have carried forward of the skinny
driver that will work with 1.4?

Thank you,
Wayne.