[asterisk-users] Transfer/Park Question.

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Oct 9 16:59:46 CDT 2008

I've got a situation where I need to use a transfer to the parking lot
as hold, but am not going to use BLF indicators on the phone to pick up
the parked calls so I need to hear the 3-digit extension after the
transfer.  I'm using Snom 300 phones and have tried setting a
programmable button to Key Event F_TRANSFER 700, which successfully does
the transfer but cuts off audio so you don't hear the extension to
dial.   Same with setting a Park Orbit.  I can use the DTMF button type
to send the transfer command and then the extension but then the person
doing the parking hears all of the tones, which is annoying.

Is there any way to set up the transfer silently and still get the
parking slot extension back?

Thanks,
Brent Davidson