[asterisk-users] Hang up detection with TDM400P and Telewest/Virgin Media line

Mike mike at derbywireless.net
Thu Oct 9 16:40:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 08:10:39AM +1930, Luis Morales wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Can you tell us :
>
> - asterisk version
> - zaptel version
>
> When you call over this line, when you hangup did you hear an busy
> tone ? or any class tone ? To do this test connect your lines to
> analog phone and make a call. Let's us know the results.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luis Morales

Zaptel Version: 1.2.11

Asterisk 1.2.13

I called my mobile from the line and hung up.  The line just went
silent.  There were no tones.  I also watched the lamp on the phone, it
didn't got out.  I guess this could be because the line current isn't
dropped or maybe because of capacitance in the phone?

I tried this on my BT line and when I clear down, the lamp on the phone
goes off momentarilly and then I get a single, continuous tone.

Gordon, would you mind doing this test on your line to see what happens?

If not, I'll try to get hold of someone with a Telewest phone and get
them to try it.

I'm trying to work out what to expect from the line and see if that is
consistent with what I am seeing.  Once I know what the phone line is
meant to do, then I can work out if it is doing and what I can do with
Asterisk to accomodate it.

Mike.