[asterisk-users] ATA hangs up with fax detection on...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Oct 9 12:22:20 CDT 2008

	I have a weird problem with a client.  I recently upgraded to Asterisk
1.4.22 and Zaptel 1.4.12.1 on their server and now there is a problem
when a fax call is received.

	Basically when faxdetect=incoming is set in zapata.conf the call comes
in and the fax extension dials a Linksys PAP2T where a fax machine is
connected.  The fax answers and almos immediately it hangs up and I get
this:

    -- Executing [fax at default:1] Dial("Zap/2-1", "SIP/5001") in new
stack
    -- Called 5001
    -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy Here" back from 192.0.0.14
    -- SIP/5001-09495388 is busy
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:1/0/0)

	If I set faxdetect=no then I can dial extension 5001 and the fax is
received without problems.  Any idea why fax detection would interfere
with the PAP2T?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001