[asterisk-users] conntrack_sip, iptables, and asterisk

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Wed Oct 8 21:44:12 CDT 2008

I have a new Fedora 9 firewall I am setting up in front of an Asterisk 1.4
box.  I ported over all of my iptables rules..but now have a strange
problem:  SOMETIMES, the audio is only 1-way (i.e. and RTP path problem).

Can someone offer a tip here?  Since I have conntrack_sip loaded on the
firewall, do I need to:

1.      Use SIP and RTP port forwarding & prerouting to my asterisk box?
(SIP clients are outside the LAN) - this is the way I do it now

2.      Remove all SIP and RTP port forwarding & prerouting and assume
conntrack_sip will do everything?

3.      Allow SIP and RTP *INTO* the firewall, to allow conntrack_sip to
work?

Clearly something has changed with conntrack_sip or iptables in the latest
kernel...so I need to figure this out.  Help!

Thanks!

Michelle