[asterisk-users] make func_realtime work like app_realtime (1.6)

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 8 13:22:25 CDT 2008

Wesley Haut wrote:
> Yell at me if you will, but I hate func_realtime - it's not very
> usable nor is it change-friendly (update your database and your
> dialplan completely breaks).

I agree completely.  As it stands, the REALTIME() function is nearly
completely useless.  If Asterisk had better string manipulation
functionality, it would be /marginally/ better, though still not much good.

A far better approach would be to allow you to specify the specific
field you want to retrieve - the same way that you do for a write.
/That/ would make the function many times more useful than it currently is.