[asterisk-users] debugging hints in 1.6

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Oct 8 08:58:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

I use hints to drive the LEDs on my snom phones, something like:

exten =>
601,1,Dial(SIP/mjc_office&SIP/mjc_home&SIP/mjc_lab&SIP/mjc_server&SIP/mjc_library,20,trj)
exten => 601,2,Voicemail(601 at internal,u)
exten => 601,102,Voicemail(601 at internal,u)
exten =>
601,hint,SIP/mjc_office&SIP/mjc_home&SIP/mjc_lab&SIP/mjc_server&SIP/mjc_library

Sometimes asterisk gets confused, though, and reports my extension as
in-use, even though no channels are active. Dialing something makes the
hint report "inactive" - the states are inverted, in other words.

How can I debug that? Can I display the individual states of each sip
line (SIP/mjc_office, SIP/mjc_home, etc) comprising the hint? Has anyone
seen similar behavior?

- Mike