[asterisk-users] automatic call pickup

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 02:58:24 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 10/7/08, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if it is possible to somehow invoke a function
> to pick
> up the call via dialplan, if it is a combination of that
> function and
> DISA should do what you need.

Thanks!

I could configure the ATAs to "auto-dial" a custom "destination" which would then call the command Pickup() passing it the appropriate parameters by checking the CallerID. After the Pickup() cmd has been executed I would call DISA without a password.

There could be security issues of course. The only "check" I would do is based on the caller's ID (basically the extension number).

Can a caller ID be spoofed? What other filtering logic can be applied for dialplan security?
I've read this doc:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+security+dialplan
but is there more information elsewhere?

Vieri