[asterisk-users] Setting up Asterisk

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Tue Oct 7 11:57:59 CDT 2008

I posted this previously but didn't get a response.  I have been working through the tutorial in the Van Meggelen book and can't get a registered SIP phone.  I'm using 1.6, on Fedora 9 and a SPA941.  I also tried an Engenius Wi-Fi SIP phone.  Both can be pinged from the Linux Computer but neither give indication of being registered to Asterisk.  This was supposed to be a no-brainer, and I don't know what to do to narrow the problem down.  The Linux firewall is off.  SELinux is in permissive mode.  What sort of Asterisk commands should I be doing to test this?  Or what other things?  Ethereal snooping?

Thanks,
Wilton