[asterisk-users] regcontext

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Oct 7 06:50:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 12:03 +0800, Nhadie wrote:
> just wondering what's happening here:
>
> i have a pap2 and an spa941. everytime i call my spa from my pap2 i can
> see it being added dynamically on the regcontext:
>
> [Oct  7 11:59:08]     -- Saved useragent "Linksys/SPA942-5.2.8" for peer
> 100100
> [Oct  7 11:59:08]     -- Added extension '100100' priority 1 to
> sipregcontext

It shouldn't be added when it's *called*, it should be added when the
phone *registers*.  What happens is that if regcontext and regexten are
set for a particular SIP peer, Asterisk automatically creates an
extension (the name controlled by the regexten setting) in the proper
context (controlled by the regcontext setting) with a priority of 1 and
NoOp() as the application.

If this is happening at the time the phone is called and not at the time
the phone registers, then this would appear to me to be a bug.  Based on
the other comment in your log file above (the "Saved useragent"
messsage), I'm guessing that it really is happening at registration
time.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager