[asterisk-users] Vitelity Asterisk configuration help

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:23:18 CDT 2008

> Stephen,   What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you want basic
> call
> in/out you're just about there. Changes need to be made in your
> extensions.conf. Your phones, by default, are in the [default] context.
> In
> other words when making a call it looks for extensions here. To allow
> outbound calling include your outgoing context within the default. To
> include it, at the bottom of the default context add "include =>
> outgoing"
> either of these should allow outgoing calling. As for incoming, add a
> Goto
> as follows.
>
> [inbound]
> exten => 9045622082,1,Answer
> exten => 9045622082,n,Goto(default,101,1)
>
> That equates to "goto the default context, extension 101, at the 1st
> priority" which is your Dial command.
>
> Best Regards,Darren Severino

Thanks I am now able to make incoming calls but I'm still unable to call
out. Notice anything else off.

extension.conf

[general]
 static=yes
 writeprotect=yes

[globals]

[default]

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/101,20)
exten => 101,2,Voicemail(102)
exten => 101,102,Voicemail(102)

exten=>*98,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERIDNUM}@${CONTEXT})   ;This automatically
calls the right mailbox using the ${CALLERIDNUM} variable in the current
context (var ${CONTEXT}).
include => outgoing
include => inbound

[outgoing]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@vitel-outbound)
exten => _011.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@vitel-outbound)

; e911 must be enabled. see DIDs > NPANXXNXXX > Action > e911
exten => _911,1,Dial(SIP/911 at vitel-outbound)

[inbound]
exten => 9045622082,1,Goto(default,101,1)

Sip.conf

[general]
register => rsreese:key at inbound18.vitelity.net:5060
context=default                 ; Default context for incoming calls
realm=ns1.neocipher.net         ; Realm for digest authentication
bindport=5060                   ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is
5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0                ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to
all)
srvlookup=yes                   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

domain=neocipher.net            ; Set default domain for this host

[101]
type=friend ; allows incoming and outgoing calls
username=101
secret=test81
mailbox=101
callerid=\"Stephen\" <101>
host=dynamic
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
reinvite=no

musicclass=default              ; Sets the default music on hold class for
all SIP calls
language=en                     ; Default language setting for all
users/peers

[authentication]

[vitel-inbound] ;(exact format/casing required)
type=friend
host=inbound18.vitelity.net
context=inbound ;(ext-did or from-trunk for A at H)
username=rsreese
secret=key
allow=all
insecure=very
canreinvite=no

[vitel-outbound] ;(exact format/casing required)
type=friend
host=outbound.vitelity.net
context=inbound ;(ext-did or from-trunk for A at H)
username=rsreese
fromuser=rsreese
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes