[asterisk-users] ldap usage in 1.6.0

Brendan Martens brendan.martens at crosscomm.net
Mon Oct 6 15:30:03 CDT 2008

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to implement 1.6.0 with some ldap
integration, but it's hard to figure out if I can do what I want.
Basically I want to do only some lookup of values from ldap, as
opposed to storing everything related to my sip users in ldap.

For instance, would there be a way to lookup only certain context
items from an ldap attribute in extensions.conf? Or in sip.conf?

Something like this:

<user.conf>
[6000]
hassip = yes
hasiax = yes
userfrom = ldapattribute
insecure = route
secret = anotherldapattribute
type = friend
context = ldapattrib3

It's looking to me like the way that ldap with 1.6.0 is meant to be
used is more as a replacement for certain .conf files, like how odbc
is used, and not really for referencing occasionally. I'm pretty new
to asterisk so any guidance on this issue would be welcomed.

Maybe if I explain a little overview of my end goal someone can help
me more efficiently.
I have an ldap directory on an OSX server, I want to create asterisk
extensions for all of those users based on the extension, name, and
password held in the ldap database. But I do not want to store
whole .configs in ldap.

Any ideas on how to go about this would be great.

Brendan Martens