[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6 ???

Brendan Martens brendan.martens at crosscomm.net
Mon Oct 6 15:12:50 CDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> The answer you are looking for is that you should be using a
> supported,
> stable version, and right now, 1.4 is the only one that fits. If I
> were
> starting today, I'd go with 1.4.

1.6.0 has just been released.
Personally I'd start with that because then you don't stuck with
generation old features, and as you are just starting you aren't
locked into any feature sets or syntax issues, etc.

Of course as it has just been released there are undoubtedly some bugs
yet to be discovered, 1.4 has been around a while and will probably be
easier to find support/documentation for.

Brendan