[asterisk-users] PoE switch recommendations?

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Mon Oct 6 14:12:48 CDT 2008

If you happen to be looking for a SMALL poe switch for a home or lab:

Think twice before you buy a netgear FS1xxP.  While they're great
because fanless, I've had 2 Netgear FS116p POE switches, and so far BOTH
have developed one or more 'dead' POE ports.  The manufacturer has a
LIFETIME warranty, but they have an advance-replacement charge, plus you
have to pay for your own shipping.  $60 so far this year on warranty
replacements.  According to support there is no 'Second Gen' hardware
design to fix the problem so I expect it will happen again.  Has anyone
else seen this?

-Karl