[asterisk-users] OT: headsets

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 6 13:41:14 CDT 2008

----- "Bill Michaelson" <bill at cosi.com> wrote:
> Further to this, I'm in the client office today and dealing directly
> with the users who are reporters and editors for a periodical and
> conduct many telephone interviews.  They want to use their old
> recording devices with the new phones, but are finding unpleasant
> audio experiences when they switch them over from the Nortel meridians
> to the Polycom IP330s.  So I'm looking for kit to use here as well.
> Recommendations most welcome.

Are you switching from Nortel kit to Asterisk?

Why not set up a user function that starts a recording of the call inside
Asterisk itself and save the results to a Samba share where the users can
drag them to their desktops?  Or not.

> And in the case of one user, she is adamant she not be required to use
> a different recording device.  I don't know how to approach this
> except to try a different telephone or mess with Polycom gain settings
> that the manual advises not to touch.  Anybody been down this road -
> have any wisdom?

What is she using now?  Some kind of analog recording adapter in the 4p4c
handset cord?

You may need to leave her for last, get a good solution going and prove it out
with others, and then sell it to her boss and let *him* sell it to her.

Asterisk will do a *much* better job of recording than anything on the
analog side, I would expect.

Cheers,
-- jra

             Those who cast the vote decide nothing.