[asterisk-users] PoE switch recommendations?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 6 14:28:04 CDT 2008

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hey, all.  We're rolling out VoIP, and I'm wondering about PoE
> recommendations, as we're going to have to replace our current network
> equipment.  My first inclination would be to just plunk down the cash and
> do a Cisco system, but I'm relatively certain that would get shot down by
> finance.  Any recommendations for a couple-hundred-port solution with
> VLANs, PoE, and QoS?  Don't care much if it's in a single chassis or not,
> so long as it has Gbit uplinks.

Hi Ken,

I am rather impressed with Zyxel ES2024PWR,  I've used at least 40 of
these this year and not had any problems. I also can't recommend Zyxel's
support enough, I had initial concerns about the PoE budget and within a
couple of rings, I was through to someone who actually knew the product
inside out.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker