[asterisk-users] OT: headsets

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Mon Oct 6 11:35:18 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>In our call center (250 agents), we use Panasonic KX-TCA60 headsets, which
>I think we get for 7 or 8 bucks apiece, and sell to the agents at cost.

Thanks for that - they look good, and I found several recommendations for them after I got yours and started looking for them.

Further to this, I'm in the client office today and dealing directly with the users who are reporters and editors for a periodical and conduct many telephone interviews.  They want to use their old recording devices with the new phones, but are finding unpleasant audio experiences when they switch them over from the Nortel meridians to the Polycom IP330s.  So I'm looking for kit to use here as well.  Recommendations most welcome.

And in the case of one user, she is adamant she not be required to use a different recording device.  I don't know how to approach this except to try a different telephone or mess with Polycom gain settings that the manual advises not to touch.  Anybody been down this road - have any wisdom?