[asterisk-users] Conneting Asterisk to Swyx pri

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Oct 6 09:25:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Geraint Lee wrote:

> Hi all, I've done this a few times with other PBX's but swyx has stumped me!
> I'm having some trouble getting Asterisk connected to a Swyx system using a
> sangoma A104dx... currently the setup is:
> BT <-> Swyx
>
> The above setup works fine... what i'm trying to achieve is
> BT & SIP Trunks <-> Asterisk <-> Swyx
>
> I have connected to our BT (2 x ISDN30 UK) with asterisk and have no errors
> and can make and receive calls and it never dies... the problem comes when i
> try and connect asterisk to swyx...
> I can make calls from asterisk to the swyx system with no problems or
> errors, but... when i try and place a call from Swyx to asterisk i receive
> the following error:
> [Oct  6 10:56:20] ERROR[9794]: chan_zap.c:8250 zt_pri_error: !! Unexpected
> Channel selection 3
>
> The call does complete as normal but after about 2 or 3 hours of calls
> passing through this setup i start receiving errors like the following:
> [Oct  6 10:55:25] WARNING[9794]: chan_zap.c:8074 pri_fixup_principle: Can't
> fix up channel from 63 to 92 because 92 is already in use
> [Oct  6 10:55:25] WARNING[9794]: chan_zap.c:9245 pri_dchannel: Hangup on bad
> channel 0/30 on span 3
> [Oct  6 10:55:55] WARNING[9794]: chan_zap.c:8074 pri_fixup_principle: Can't
> fix up channel from 63 to 92 because 92 is already in use
>
> And eventually no more calls can be placed from swyx to asterisk... time for
> some configs... and before anyone says something about wanpipe3 and 4 having
> dchan=0, i tried with dchan=16 and no calls can be placed...
>
> I hope someone can point me in the right direction as we're trying to get
> rid of swyx since we're tied down by limiting software and excessive
> licensing costs.

So go in one Saturday morning, wire it up as you want (BT -> Asterisk) and
the re-configure all the SIP phones to talk directly to the asterisk box
and not the swyx box, then arrange the the swyx box to misteriously die,
then tell everyone what a good job it was that you were in on the weekend
to re-configure the phones to use the asterisk box ;-)

Gordon