[asterisk-users] OT: headsets

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 6 09:06:40 CDT 2008

----- "Bill Michaelson" <bill at cosi.com> wrote:
> The IP330 has a subminiature jack for headset/mic combos.  Are there
> quality headsets anyone would recommend for in-office use for heavy
> users with these phones?  Using any wiring path?  I've tried a cell
> phone earphone/mic, and it sounds OK, but it's flimsy for this
> application.

In our call center (250 agents), we use Panasonic KX-TCA60 headsets, which
I think we get for 7 or 8 bucks apiece, and sell to the agents at cost.

They have covered gooseneck tubes, decent padding on the earpiece, and are
fairly sturdy.  Turnover being what it is, we don't have to replace too
many of them for breakage.

They have 2.5mm plugs, and really good audio -- I've plugged mine into my
Nextel/RIM BlackBerry 7100i, and called my best friend, who is almost as
picky as I am... his opinion is that it not only sounds better than my
Plantronics Voyager 510, it sounds better than the mic inside the phone.

My opinion is the converse: receive audio is nice too.

Recommended.

Cheers,
-- jra

             Those who cast the vote decide nothing.