[asterisk-users] Zaptel-1.4.1 error cross compile

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:19:19 CDT 2008

Satish Patel wrote:
<snip />
>>> I am using cross compile so i can't update GCC other wise it will effect on
>>> my other packages anyway... tell me one thing i have host system kernel
>>> version is 2.6.18 and i am compiling ARM embedded rootbuild with other
>>> kernel version 2.6.22 so i need to compile my zaptel package with 2.6.22
>>> kernel caz i will use it on target ARM hardware ( IXP425 ). I am doing that
>>> but after porting rootfs on target host and when i run "insmod zaptel"
>>> command on target board i got error
<snip />
> clfs:/mnt/clfs$ file lib/modules/2.6.22.6/misc/zaptel.ko
> lib/modules/2.6.22.6/misc/zaptel.ko: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable, ARM,
> version 1, not stripped
>
> i dont know why this error coming i think its caz confusion between
> host kernel and target kernel

I think you may be right.

Can you not extract a set of kernel headers for 2.6.18 and point the
zaptel build to them when you are making it in your cross-compile
environment? I can't remember the switch off hand but I am sure there is
a way to point the make scripts at whatever headers you wish.

HTH

Al