[asterisk-users] t1 cards

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:19:52 CDT 2008

How much further than 300m? It might be very well possible to just
lower the speed to 10M and just use that.... If you already have some
quality Cat5 cable between both points it's worth a shot.  I support
some sites with this arrangement and I've had to find 10M hubs for
replacement hardware (the previous guy insisted that only a particular
model HP print server would work, coincidently that model only has a
10M Ethernet port)... it's not something I would advise someone to
setup but if cost is a concern I wouldn't rule it out -- it certainly
can work and be reliable in the real world.