[asterisk-users] DTMF issues...

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:16:46 CDT 2008

Hey Carlos,

>        What is the best method to debug DTMF issues?  Do I have to sniff the
> SIP packets?

The best method to debug DTMF issues depend on how you receive those
DTMF digits. Assuming you can use SIP INFO for the DTMF, that means
the DTMF digits are not really DTMF :-), that is, is not audio, with
SIP INFO the digits will be received by Asterisk as part of the SIP
signaling protocol and therefore you can easily spot them using "sip
debug peer myxpeer". If I were you I'd try that and see what I am
really receiving before drawing any other conclusion.

Moy

--
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire