[asterisk-users] How to add Callee's name into Dial command ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:17:30 CDT 2008

Unfortunaltely, both callerid='Jhon Doe' <1234> and
Set(CALLERID(name)="Doe") don't work as I would like them to.

For both, caller's phone screen still displays callee's number, not callee's
name.
When looking at SIP messages, you can can see that, unlike caller's name
which is included in INVITE Header  From: field, INVITE Header To: remains
filled with callee's number, not its name.

To make myself clear, here is what I'm trying to do : when Alice is calling
Bob (Alice -------> Asterisk------->Bob), I would like Bob's phone to
display Alice's name  (no problem, for that) but I would also like Alice's
phone screen to display Bob's name (instead of Bob's number)

My SIP hardphone is capable of displaying P-Asserted-Identity in outbound
calls (not just inbound) but I couldn't find any way to teach Asterisk to
fill this P-Asserted-Identity header :

Alice
Asterisk                                                 Bob

                                                          <---- TRYING with
Callername set --------
<---- TRYING with Callername set --------
                                                         <---- RINGING with