[asterisk-users] Software patents (was G723 on asterisk 1.4.1)

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Oct 2 03:23:26 CDT 2008

You need to lighten up buddy.  The point is, who owns a series of ones and
zeros???  Is your series of one's and zeros better than someone else' ones
and zeros?  Why because you have more, or the order is different?

Take a vacation, get some tail or something.  Geez.

You are always riding posts, often with misinformation and never clear it
up, or quote just the pieces of my post that help your argument and snip.

I lose personal respect for people who behave this way.  It's like CNN or
FOX news.

BTW, define trivial for me please.  Is a race car engine trivial to a race
car mechanic, of course.  Is a race car engine trivial to my 8 year old
niece, probably not so much.

Let's try to use words that have more meaning and loosen up, seriously.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:03:06PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> > I own this combination of 1s and 0s.
> 1110000010010010101001111100000011111.
>
> Now please, 0x1B1254F81F , what's so novel about this?
> What is it supposed to do? Why is it not trivial?
>
> If you attempts to mock patents you won't get very far when you are
> faced with one that actually represents some original thinking (behind a
> thick layer of legalese).
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>