[asterisk-users] Unknown signalling method 'bri_cpe

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:02:57 CST 2008

2008/11/27 Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com>

> 2008/11/27 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
>
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:58:53PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
>> > output is:
>> >
>> > # strings /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so | grep '^DAHDI
>> Telephony'
>> > DAHDI Telephony
>> > DAHDI Telephony Driver
>>
>> A snippet from channels/chan_dahdi.c:
>>
>>  static const char tdesc[] = "DAHDI Telephony Driver"
>>  #ifdef HAVE_PRI
>>                 " w/PRI"
>>  #endif
>>

> So, I should have seen "DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI", right ?
>
> I installed dahdi, lipbri and asterisk from source in this order, and
> obviously, I must have done something wrong.
> As chan_dahdi.so should include "DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI", maybe I
> should have compiled libpri before dahdi or is ther something else ?

I re-installed everything from scratch (I even changed version) and now I
can see "DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI".
As I was not careful enough to note differences between both situations,
this case can't be of much use for future reference (except
for "strings /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so | grep '^DAHDI
Telephony'  "  to test if libpri is correctly used).

Thanks for helping, anyway.