[asterisk-users] force channel hangup

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Nov 28 17:13:45 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 05:24:36PM -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Because hangup (and other behavioural) directives can only be addressed
> to a particular instance of a channel use, i.e.
> Technology/channel-uniqueID.  The latter are not addressable from the
> dial plan except implicitly.

For a Zap channel the unique ID will mostly be '1' . In some cases it
will be '2'. So:

exten => _911,1,Hangup(Zap/1-1)
exten => _911,n,Hangup(Zap/1-2)
exten => _911,n,Dial(Zap/1/ww911,60)
exten => _911,n,Hangup()

I wonder, though, how long does it take for the hangup to take effect. A
hangup requests the channel to hang up. This is done later in the
channel context. I wonder if it is normally done quickly enough.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com