[asterisk-users] Any 1.6 SendFAX example ?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu Nov 27 14:54:22 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this detailed reply.
>
> I was trying to test SendFAX, ReceiveFAX as first on my way to Hylafax with
> either iaxmodem or t38modem.
> Have you tried any of those 2 (iaxmodem or t38modem) ?
> Which one would you pick ?

We had IAXmodem with Hylafax installation base, and we sent our faxes
out trough PRI. Then we switched to pure SIP, but were unable to get
T38modem to work with our provider.

So, we wrote a wrapper for Hylafax that grabs processed tiff file from
outgoing spool and generates call file for Callweaver (which sends
trough Asterisk with T38 passtrough).

So, if you have PRI ir analogue lines, use IAXmodem, otherwise you
have to do either T38modem or SendFax.

Regards,
Atis

--