[asterisk-users] Hints stopped working suddently

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Nov 26 06:33:09 CST 2008

Hello,

I've had Asterisk and Polycom phones work perfectly with hints for the last
6 months.  Suddently, I realize they've stopped working in the last few
days.  I haven't changed the configuration in any way.

I have hints setup (CLI "show hints" does show the hints, and they seem
correct).  But when I do dial using one of the SIP registrations, I don't
see those hints being changed in the CLI (at verbose) like I used to.  My
hints keep on showing "idle", even though I am making a call.

Making this even weirder, if a phone falls off the grid I do get the
subscription become "unavailable".  It's just the "on call" hint that does
not seem to work.  So it seems not to be a firewall/routing issue.

I don't think it's the phones, since Asterisk doesn't seem to update it's
internal hint (show hints command) when I dial out or get a call.

Using Asterisk 1.4.22 and Polycom 3.1.1 firmware (latest). And I restarted
asterisk just in case, no help.

Regards,

Mike