[asterisk-users] Connecting AS5350XM with Asterisk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Nov 25 17:10:20 CST 2008

Set up a SIP dial peer and an outbound POTS dial peer.  Bear in mind
that the gateway shunts calls POTS->VOIP and VOIP->POTS by default, so
you can use the same destination pattern matching for both in this
simple scenario, but if it gets any more complicated than that, some
degree of translation is almost certainly required.

The process can be fairly complex, but the general idea, if you have
your TDM side set up, is:

dial-peer voice 500 voip
  description Asterisk
  destination-pattern .T