[asterisk-users] two sip listening ports for single asterisk

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:07:14 CST 2008

Hi guys,
I told my network admin to do what was advised in this thread. It works very
well for incoming calls but outgoing calls hangup exactly after 20 secs
everytime while displaying the following message on cli:

v[Nov 19 10:26:26] WARNING[18617]: chan_sip.c:1910 retrans_pkt: Maximum
retries exceeded on transmission dcc83eb7-4bd635cd at 119.152.11.60 for seqno
102 (Critical Response)
[Nov 19 10:26:26] WARNING[18617]: chan_sip.c:1927 retrans_pkt: Hanging up
call dcc83eb7-4bd635cd at 119.152.11.60 - no reply to our critical packet.
  == Spawn extension (macro-rating, s, 104) exited non-zero on
'SIP/saad-a8b83300' in macro 'rating'
  == Spawn extension (macro-rating, s, 104) exited non-zero on
'SIP/saad-a8b83300'

Also, this happens only with certain network conditions. in my office the
outgoing call hangsup everytime but when i dial from home, both incoming and
outgoing calls are fine. So i guess the problem is with user network
configuration. asterisk for other users who are using different port to
register is listening without any problems.

here is my network scenario(from where i make call):
we have a zyxel dsl modem connected to our ISP line
then we have a D-Link switch connected to the dsl modem
then we have sipura 2100 connected to that switch
IP addresses are in the range of 192.168.0.0
NAT type on router = SUA ONLY

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham