[asterisk-users] pick up IAX2 calls

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:10:59 CST 2008

I think it doesn't work across channel types.
So it works (if I recall correctly) in IAX or in SIP or in ZAP,
but not in  mixture.

I think that if you have a Dial() that rings several extens,
then any of the technologies involved can pickup with *8

So if you have
Dial(IAX/fred&SIP/bill&zap/mark)
then someone in the same group as fred can pickup with IAX
and someone in the same group as bill can pickup with SIP
etc.

So it's an asterisk thing, not an IAX thing per-se.

Tim.

P.S.
(you could try putting in a dummy 'fred' entry into Dial and iax.conf.)

T.