[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW 1.5 upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Nov 25 10:12:44 CST 2008

Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> This link (http://blogs.digium.com/2008/10/13/asterisknow-15-beta-available-more-coming-soon/
> ) seems to indicate that in order to upgrade AsteriskNOW v1.5 from
> Asterisk 1.4 to 1.6, it's as easy as installing an upgrade package.
>
> Does anyone know where to find that upgrade package?  If it doesn't
> yet exist, what is the process for upgrading?

Haven't figured out quite how I want to do this yet, but this is what has worked
for me in testing (you may need to modify this slightly to add asterisk addons,
if you're using it).

Run `yum shell`, then in that shell, execute:

install asterisk16-core asterisk16
remove asterisk14 asterisk14-core
ts solve
ts run
remove asterisk14-core
ts solve
ts run

If it went properly, it won't try to remove anything like FreePBX (it will
prompt you before it does anything, so you can say 'No' if it tries).