[asterisk-users] Collect digits from the Callee after the Call is connected.

Simith Nambiar simith at ctg.ae
Tue Nov 25 04:03:03 CST 2008

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Simith Nambiar wrote:
>
>> Hello Doug,
>>                          Thank you for your response, if you see my
>> e-mail above, i wanted the Read to happen after the Call is connected
>> (i.e after Dial
>>

> Pen and paper?
>
> Seriously,  I thought you were just having trouble elucidating your thoughts.
>
> Once a channel has been bridged, you either can transfer that caller to an IVR to collect the digits or have the recipient callee collect the information.

[Simith] I could work out a solution using the application map feature
in features.conf  to collect the digits from the Callee, Maybe there is
a better way, but this works for me !

calleedigitcollect1 => 1,self/callee,Macro,redirect-caller1

Thanks to the people who built Asterisk, looks like anything is possible :-)